Who is DJ Hardwell? Here are 10 things you need to know about the EDM … – Mirror.co.uk
The Dutch DJ was playing his set of progressive house and electro when more than sixty clubbers fell ill at the Odyssey Arena in Belfast.
Police declared a “major incident” as paramedics treated some revellers, some as young as 16, outside the venue and between seven and 15 people were hospitalised, reports say.
Hardwell’s style of music is synonymous with the hedonistic culture surrounding dance music and he won DJ Mag’s Top 100 DJs Poll in 2013.
Here are 10 things you need to know about him.
1. His real name is Robert van de Corput
2. Videos of his performances on YouTube have been viewed more than 60 MILLION times
3. He is 26 years-old and began his music career early by learning to play the piano when he was FOUR
4. Hardwell got his big break when a Dutch record label recognised his talent and signed him when he was 14 years-old
5. Superstar DJ Tiesto has acted as a mentor to Hardwell and both of them are from Breda in the sourthern Netherlands
6. Hardwell has 529,842 followers on Instagram, is liked more than 3,862,704 times on Facebook and he has 1.2M Twitter followers
7. The online record shop Beatport sum up Hardwell’s musical style as “Big Room House”
8. He claimed in 2012 to have Dj’d in “nearly every single country in the world this year”
9. When DJ Mag named him No.1 out of the Top 100 DJ’s 2013 he became the youngest ever winner at 24 years-old
10. His popularity baffles true underground house music lovers – satirical nightlife website Wunderground have mocked ‘Hardwell Banned from DJ Mag Top 100 Following Claims of Vote Rigging”